CA BOCES Regional Academic Summer School Guidelines
BOCES Regional Academic Summer School operates in accordance to NYSED guidelines which can be found in the NYSED 2020 Summer School Handbook.
- Students are expected to attend regular Zoom meetings with their teacher at a specific time each day to receive essential information, preview the week of learning activities, and receive instructional support as needed.
- Students are also enrolled in online classes with Apex Learning or with curriculum designed by the teacher.
- Teachers will monitor student progress through the Apex Learning and provide daily feedback.
- Online classes are designed to be at least 20 hours in length for credit recovery; 45 hours for ½ credit, and 90 hours for 1 credit. Hours of engagement will be monitored within the Apex learning environment, as well as attendance within daily Zoom meetings.
- Students are required to complete all class assignments on or before August 13, 2021. If assignments are not finished by that time, the teacher will assess student performance based on completion of the course and assign final grades accordingly.
- Daily attendance will be taken in all Zoom meetings.